I have to say, the one thing that basically got me enthusiastic about electric powered cars was the Tesla Roadster. I really love cars and when I saw that it accelerates HOW FAST? (0-60mph within just 4 seconds.) – it will be caught my eye. Since that I’ve been trying to find an ideal electric transport for my loved ones and learning a horrible lot on the way. I have to say in the beginning I discovered myself EXTREMELY CONFUSED, EXTREMELY FAST when I tried to find out about electric cars! sander for car and electric scooters are typical great…. however for me and almost every other people…. there’s no beating the cars!
Nevertheless when I started to look closer there was a variety of things going against electric cars. Like…there are lots of nice looking sports cars… but they’re so unbelievably expensive for what they offer – and you will have to queue up! OR… you could get another that’s PLUG UGLY – but hopefully you’ll feel better knowing your saving the environmental surroundings! OR… oh wait! Here’s a car that may offer you all you need… are you wanting one? Sorry, they’re not out for another 12 years when we get around to making it!AND… this one is REALLY CHEAP… but it won’t do anything fancy like.. GO UP A HILL and you’ll usually need to recharge it about 10 times each day! So where are the facts in all this science fiction and promises? Well this really is a few of the “Truth” I discovered electric powered cars after all my research. What really is an Electric Car? There are always a few various kinds of Electric cars:
– Neighbourhood Electric Vehicles
(NEVs) or Low Speed Electric Vehicles (LSVs) are electric cars with a relatively small range (about 40 miles) and a limited speed (legally 25mph in the USA). Such cars will be used in towns or cities where you wouldn’t be travelling far like in London where cars just like the Reva G-wiz has flourished. Or it is used in resorts and neighbourhoods where they usually appear to be a done up golf cart just like the GEM e-series electric cars. You will find electric cars just like the Tesla Roadster or the Tango electric car which are made to have the ability to maintain a standard petrol/diesel car. These cars can carry on motorways and can usually travel fairly long distances (100-200 miles). Additionally there are plug-in hybrids on the market which aren’t fully electric but come close enough. They could be charged from a plug as well as by the engine and can travel solely on electricity until their (usually small) battery range runs out.
– What promises do Electric Cars make?Well to start with – a greener, petrol-free tomorrow! They could be operate on clean electricity (not from a coal fired plant) and can run emission free if you want. Sounds decent to me!
What exactly promises can’t they make at this time? Unfortunately there’s quite a few today:
– Cheap and reliable batteries
– A goodinfrastructure of recharging spots and a fast recharge time.
– Lots of different makes of cars available now.
– A lot of value cars that may travel long distances (they can mostly still only get 50-100 miles range).
– That the business making or selling them won’t disappear at any time as they’re mostly distributed by smaller companies.
– A competitive price – they’re always much more pricey than normal cars. The great thing though is that most these things are constantly improving and there’s set to be big changes in the coming few years.
– So how can they work? Well the all-electric cars both work in the same way. The petrol/diesel tank is replaced by lots of batteries which supply the electric “fuel “.You will find three forms of batteries lead-acid, nimh and li-ion, with li-ion batteries storing the absolute most energy whatsoever quantity of space.
A regulator then makes sure the energy coming from the batteries is nice and steady. The engine is then replaced by way of a motor that will be usually put as close that you can to the wheels, and sometimes in the wheels themselves. There are always a few forms of motors available but I won’t enter that right now. A potentiometer then measures how much you’re pressing down on the accelerator and tells the motor. This happens smoothly and gives a huge amount of torque instantly. Most electric cars have unbelievable acceleration!
– How are Electric Cars designed? Well there are certainly a few items that come first in most electric car designs. Air Resistance and weight are two huge issues. Since the batteries add so much weight to the automobile it needs to be designed as light that you can, which explains why lots of the cars are so small. The batteries are also usually put at the end of the automobile to keep the weight low and stop it from toppling. All that weight at the end means even if the largest SUV side swipes you, you’re not going anywhere! Lower air resistance also helps with the product range as the automobile won’t have to utilize energy trying to fight the air.
– How about the ongoing future of electric cars? The near future is looking decent for the electric car. Most major manufacturers have an electrical car planned for around 2010 or 2011 which shows how mainstream it’s becoming and there are even some good cars in route from a few of the smaller companies.Future technology also looks bright as there are plenty of breakthroughs coming regularly nowadays.Read More